Mission and objectives
It is the Interdisciplinary Center for Psychosocial Research’s (
In this sense,
CIIPSO was developed to carry applied research on:
- Processes of development, regulation, and promotion of personal, familial, social, personal social network, team or organizational psychological health and well-being;
- Psychological problems at the individual, familial or social levels, especially those emerging in Western societies and their development and maintenance processes;
- Development and design intervention programs, assessment instruments, and guidelines for practice.
CIIPSO also has the following additional objectives:
- Develop intervention programs for different populations, using, when relevant, computer systems and virtual reality;
- To develop or
adaptnew assessment instruments regarding psychological health and well-being and respective studies of factor structure and psychometric properties;
- To develop methodologies of content analysis and categorization of elements and psychic functions influential in psychotherapeutic communication;
- Extend content analysis and categorization of psychic phenomena to personal interaction in well-defined social contexts;
- Develop research in follow-up with involuntary/mandated clients;
- Expand and strengthen research in the context of evidence-based therapies
; Contributeto the development of the capacity for interpretation and theoretical-conceptual argumentation and knowledge about epistemology and scientific methodology, and thus to enable the elaboration of high-level scientific research projects.